A Little History
The Clark County Agricultural and Mechanical Association was formed at the November term, 1881 at the county court. Several individuals presented their petition desiring to organize and be incorporated, for the purpose of promoting improvements in agriculture, manufactures, and the raising of stock. Soon after, they met at the courthouse and adopted a constitution and by-laws for the government of the association and elected the first officers and directors. In February of 1882, 30 acres was purchased one mile east of Kahoka, for $1800. These grounds were fitted up, and the first annual fair was held September 5th through the 8th of that year. The fair has been held annually every since. The fair is now well-established and consists of a half-mile race track, amphitheater, art hall, barn and the necessary buildings for all live stock.